Saturday, April 21, 2007

FADE OUT

It’s been a year since I started blogging.

I don’t get many opportunities to write – which, oddly, creates some guilt. I recently started tracking the amount of “hits” I get a month and was quite surprised to learn that people really do visit this site. Suddenly, a responsibility washed over me, and blogging wasn’t as much fun anymore. It was something I had to do. It became a child I needed to nurture.

But this is Hollywood, where we abandon our children – who grow into self-centered, drug-addicted whores (or, at the very least, "thoughtless little pigs").

And so it is in this spirit that I have decided to abandon THE INSIDE PITCH.

As my professional life heats up, it gets harder and harder to find time to blog, and I need to focus my energies on other projects and prioritize a paltry twenty-four hour day. My journey is offering me new experiences and I want to take advantage of them and – perhaps – return one day with much more to blog about.

Also, I would like to spend a few hours on a Sunday with my wife instead of struggling in front of a computer writing text and downloading pictures. (She's fourteen years my junior and I’d like to take advantage of her youth before we divorce.)

Thanks to this blog, I have connected (and re-connected) with all sorts of people in the most unexpected and gratifying ways. This really is a business of relationships, and this blog has been a sort of matchmaker. Ironically, this past week so many people have come up to me with: “I ddn’t know you had a blog.” “I love your blog.” “My client loves your blog.” It's a bittersweet decision.

I’ll leave the blog up for those who might want to revisit or for newcomers to read. The e-mail address will stay active, and I’ll try to answer some questions as they come in. However, I will be limiting my on-line activity.

Special thanks to Jacinthe of www.twoadverbs.com.

And thank you all for your support and e-mails. Good luck in all your endeavors. Stay on the path, write 2 – 3 scripts a year, reach out, give back, and when your work is rejected or no one will answer your letters or calls, remember - it’s supposed to be hard.

As Ganz & Mandel wrote in A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN (recited by Tom Hanks), “It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great.”

Respectfully,

CL



theinsidepitch@sbcglobal.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter